Today, is Blue Monday – officially dubbed 'the most depressing day of the year'. Named as such largely because of the abysmal weather and people's lack of cash after Christmas, but also because it's notoriously the most popular day for individuals to seek help for mental health issues. Whoa – pretty depressing alright. Just thinking about it has brought the whole team to a state of miserable dejection.
The hashtag #BlueMonday is pretty much guaranteed to trend with a variety of brands always quick to participate in offering some smiles and promotions on social media, helping customers divert the gloomy winter day. PR and social stunts off the back of Blue Monday we have enjoyed in the past, have included:
- Free coffees at Pret a Manger
- Thomson's #MadeMeSmile campaign
- Hilton's pop up 'Vacation Care Centre'
As a company however we pride ourselves on our tenacious attitude, creative thinking and outside-the-box ideas. So, Blue Monday is not just a day to use as a calendar hook as part of one our PR campaigns, but it's also a good reminder of the need to keep upbeat to ensure we're always working at our best.
We work hard to keep a happy office on any day of the year and today is no exception, so to help you share in our positive thinking here are some of our ten top tips:
- Celebrate the little things! This can include a great piece of work or even completing your filing for the day
- Get as much fresh air as possible so take a stroll at lunch time
- Make a to do list – no one can deny the satisfaction you get from ticking something off that list.
- Eat good food, and tasty tea and coffee!
- Do some exercise to get your blood pumping.
- Ask yourself, at the end of every day, 'what did I learn today?' You'll be surprised what your answer will be.
- When someone asks you how your day was, use only one of three options: 'good', 'excellent' or 'fantastic'. It's very rare that any day is really that bad.
- Listen to music – it never fails to put us in a good mood!
- Help a colleague – the feel good factor for helping someone comes for free
- Smile more!
We say 'no' to Blue Monday! Happy Monday everyone!
If you want to find out more about how we can liven up your PR campaign, or if you just want to speak to one of our friendly team, call us on 01732 779087 or email: email@example.com to let us know about your requirements.